Monday 16 July 2012

Making Flower Paste with sugar paste and CMC or Gum Tragacanth


This is a post from a reader at Cake Decorating Magazine Forum:
I have read that sugarpaste can also be called ready to roll icing,fondant icing,rolled fondant or edible modelling icing and that you can make the flower paste by ading CMC powder or gum tragacanth to sugarpaste. (I believe 1 tsp to 1lb of sugarpaste)




Another post from another reader:
I know that you can add CMC powder & gum traganth to sugarpaste to make it a firmer paste, but i think this is to make sturdy models rather than delicate petals and flowers. (I am not a beginner, but I am not an expert so I could be wrong!)
Flower paste does last quite a long time when you buy it because you don´t need much to make flowers, I buy the powder as its cheaper and you get more out of it, it also lasts a lot longer as i cannot dry out.